From another walk by the river I made the drawing and then bak at the studio I used oil pastel. First an undercoating of oil pastel, further layers ending with Sennelier oil pastels.
I found time to do some art work. I burnt cat images into some boxes and just painted the white Persian cat face. I need to get some work done. I had seen boxes on the internet and so decided I would try my hand at cats on a box. I had done cats before as pictures but wanted to do just faces this time. My Persian The lines are not all connected as I have done in the past -I'm loosening up -a little.
I have just recently begun to reuse pastels and oil pastels at that. I like the way they blend and the vibrancy of their colours. The immediacy of the blending is both exciting and a challenge. Now, while out looking for illustration board with a rough surface, I found a store with some Sennelier oil pastels. I had been working with another artist's set but not a professional one like Sennelier. There is a difference. With the artist's set I can lay down colour -even under colour- and blend easily. They seem more waxy when I handle them. Here are the 24 Sennelier oil pastels I bought, I put them into my own wooden box for easier transport. "In 1949, Parisian painter Henri GOETZ approached Henri SENNELIER the famous artist materials manufacturer, about creating a wax colour stick for his friend Pablo PICASSO. Picasso, a long-time Sennelier customer and a frequent visitor to their store across the street from the Louvre museum, was looking for a m...
I found some time to do another small oil pastel piece. I am trying out different compositions with partial faces. In this one I used my more waxy pastels to paint and blend and then the Sennelier oil pastels for touch ups and accents as they are more oily, thick and high colour. Amazing what the matt did to the composition. A little more secretive.
Comments
Post a Comment