I had picked up an old headboard and footboard at a garage sale for $3. Maybe I could use it at the cottage; maybe something else. I had seen beds into benches on Pinterst and had made plans to do the same -some time in the future! I had taken the old bed home, stored it in my workshop and didn't notice it until I was doing a major cleaning recently. The need to do something with these random project pieces reared its head. Sometimes it doesn't pay to clean up because, as in my case, I found those project pieces I had intended do and now am doing -all in one time span it seems. Here is what it looks like on the work table. Notice I have not cleaned it as I have a lot of sanding to do. I put wood filler everywhere as I like things without gaps and in cutting the footboard in half I had left gaps that could not thoroughly be sanded out at the time. The 3/4 inch oak plywood seat was cut from a piece I had around the workshop. I cut it a...
Once she has mastered one technique and pushed it where she wants it to go Manuela starts another. Now she is corking to produce straps for her purses. but, today, she added beads into the mix. As you can see, she has one thread strung with many beads and as she corks she manoeuvres the beads to become embedded evenly throughout the cord. And she can do this while watching tv. Me, I can hardly watch tv. String the beads loosely onto the thread. Determine the spacing of the beads as you cork.
Comments
Post a Comment