Manne just keeps on working. Apparently inspiration is for amateurs -you have to keep working each day to be a pro. And so, Manuela has made a few more fabric flowers.
I have just recently begun to reuse pastels and oil pastels at that. I like the way they blend and the vibrancy of their colours. The immediacy of the blending is both exciting and a challenge. Now, while out looking for illustration board with a rough surface, I found a store with some Sennelier oil pastels. I had been working with another artist's set but not a professional one like Sennelier. There is a difference. With the artist's set I can lay down colour -even under colour- and blend easily. They seem more waxy when I handle them. Here are the 24 Sennelier oil pastels I bought, I put them into my own wooden box for easier transport. "In 1949, Parisian painter Henri GOETZ approached Henri SENNELIER the famous artist materials manufacturer, about creating a wax colour stick for his friend Pablo PICASSO. Picasso, a long-time Sennelier customer and a frequent visitor to their store across the street from the Louvre museum, was looking for a m...
I found some time to do another small oil pastel piece. I am trying out different compositions with partial faces. In this one I used my more waxy pastels to paint and blend and then the Sennelier oil pastels for touch ups and accents as they are more oily, thick and high colour. Amazing what the matt did to the composition. A little more secretive.
For years I have watched the Ridge Rabbits come down to feed and mix it up with the Gazebo Bunnies. Sometimes they eat side by side. other times they chase each other around the yard. And then there are the times they fight -jumping up into the air and boxing with paw or foot. there's a story in there somewhere. While walking around the pond something scurried over my foot and under the lilies at the edge of the pond. I bent down to peer at what ever it was -thinking muskrat, mink -but not a baby rabbit. And there it stood, ready to run, frozen for a moment in time. Now this spurred me to put together a series of rabbit oil pastels -I have a show coming up this weekend (Delphinium Festival). I needed to have some new work and so I have been busy -and no time to get to the cottage. I used oil pastels and burnt the lines into the illustration board.
Comments
Post a Comment