My Five Steps to Get My Art Work onto the Illustration Board or Wooden Panels Using a Charcoal Rub

You know -preparing my drawings and then transferring the images to illustration board or wooden panels is often the most arduous.  And just the time taken...omg!!!

Now I have tried transferring my images using two methods.

The first involves conte (charcoal) rubbing.

1.  I do a drawing the actual size of the finished piece.  (Often I do a number of thumbnail sketches be fore doing the actual drawing).


Here I work out rhythms and the composition in a size actual to the final work.
2.  Rubbing conte over the back of the drawing.

3.  Redrawing onto the illustration board.
Going over the lines is a tedious chore but I can make some adjustments to the image.

4.  Now I had to go over the transfer lines on the illustration board (or wood panel or canvass) as this transfer method creates faded lines.  Again I can make adjustments with the drawing.

5.  I use a fixative to set the lines so the lines are not blurred when I apply the oil pastels.


Now I will use my oil pastels to paint the image and then burn the lines into the illustration board.

This works for me but does take time.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some sold; some left to bring home

Quilting/Embroidery Frame Clamps Revisited

A Few More Oil Pastel Paintings in a Few More Days